Monday, August 9, 2010

About that Time

Well time really does fly when your having fun. This summer in Harrisonburg was filled with many delicious meals, game nights, good concerts, DC visits, family vacation, carrying food up and down 3 levels, Cryfest 2010, good books, and all sorts of other 'CoMotion'!
The countdown has quickly expired and already I leave tomorrow for PA. I guess you could say I'm all packed, although how can you really pack for a year?
Right now I'm eager to get this journey started, I'm tired of talking/thinking about it and ready to roll!

I'll begin orientation in Akron, PA along with about 130 people from 30 different countries! Orientation lasts a week and then I will fly out on the 21st for Guatemala City. I will actually live in Guatemala City with a host family for a month doing language study before heading to my assignment in Santiago.

Thank you so much to everyone for your donations, prayers, and support. I have felt so loved during this whole process and have seen now more than ever how blessed I am to have such great family, friends, and church.

2 comments:

  1. i've been thinking about you all day. counting down the last few hours, minutes, etc can get to be so mind-boggling. but now it's here!
    tenga una gran experiencia y puede dios bendecirle rico.
    ¿usted pila de discos el juego del Uno o del Zilch?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought Uno, Go Fish, Dutch Blitz, and Phase 10! I'm planning on leaving them with my host family as gifts!

    ReplyDelete